Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday 12 November 2015

I haven't taken a single photo in about 10 days

The reason I've been quiet is because we have just spent a week in England as my mother in law sadly passed away, so we went over for her funeral. It was a lovely affair and fitting tribute to her, and as is always the way at funerals, a chance for K to catch up with cousins he hadn't seen in decades and old family friends. My poor hubby has lost both his parents this year so you can imagine what an absolute crap year it has been for him, with all the worry about my health too. We are so looking forward to saying goodbye to 2015!

I managed OK with the travelling as we had a cabin on the ferry both ways, and coped with hours spent sitting on my donut cushions. I think other people's sofas are more comfortable (with the donuts) than mine and I've now realised that ours is really quite low which is why I always struggle getting up off it and feel like a doddery old biddy, yet I seemed a lot more agile when I was in England (or maybe it's something in the air? Not the water as I took my own bottled cos I hate chlorinated tap water. Or perhaps it's all that delicious junk food I ate!).

Of course we did some food and clothes shopping as there is a huge Tesco and M&S only four miles from my brother in law's house, and during the time there ate all our favourite foods. Oh the joy of having take away curry delivered to the door! I've forgotten what that is like. And custard tarts, mmmmmm! We bought loads of yummy things home and I've put on even more weight.

I couldn't go to England without seeing my mum so we squeezed in a couple of nights with her as I had not seen her for two years, and saw my brother too.  

Though when we got home Monday morning I completely crashed and spent the entire day in bed with zero energy, which is probably not surprising. But it was so great to have a change of scene, and see some family, both of ours. And I didn't take a single photo!! Sometimes you need a break from that too. Rain and wind didn't help in that respect but I did enjoy seeing what bits of the countryside we did see, although it seemed that a lot of our travelling was done whilst it was dark.

My lovely neighbour looked after the menagerie whilst we were away as there wasn't time to organise housesitters and interestingly the cats didn't ignore us at all when we got home, maybe they just don't like having housesitters here so enjoyed their freedom!

Since I got home I've had two hospital appointments so haven't got back into the swing of things yet. So blogging will be resumed shortly - I do have some photos waiting to be posted as I haven't introduced you to my new hens yet. :-)

Hope you are all well and apologies for not looking in on your blogs as I have not spent much time on the internet. I'll be dropping by shortly to see if you have been behaving yourselves! And thanks to the friend who let me know that the mystery tree in my last post is indeed Red Oak, Quercus rubra. xx 

Just some leaves from October.
 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your MIL Big hugs for K who has had so much sadness in so short a time.

    Looking forward to seeing the new hens. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D-woman. I like to think that my inlaws are together again arguing happily with each other like they had been doing for 72 years of marriage..... :-)

      I'm back to cleaning out the chooks again - I reckoned I was well enough and yes I am fine bending over picking up chook poo, so it's good as it's another kick up the butt to get outside and get some fresh air even if I (think I) don't feel like it.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about K's Mum but I'm glad you were both able to get over for the funeral and lovely that you got to see your Mum and your brother too.
    Condolences to K from both of us.

    Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Philippa and thank you. We used your BF code as you probably guessed. Thankfully calm crossings - was a bit worried that the return journey was going to be windy but it was fine. I am glad I got to see my mum but it was such a shame about the circumstances. It was cancer and it all happened very fast, we were happy in that respect for my MIL but it was a shock. :-(

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about K's mum - please give him my condolences. What a horrible shock for you both.

    Pleased to hear you were able to see your mum and brother while over here and I look forward to seeing the new hens. By the way the last photo of leaves is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much RR - it was pretty awful as we were hoping she and K's brother would come and spend Xmas with us - but her breast cancer which she'd had for years which had done nothing and been controlled by a tablet she took every day, suddenly spread and she was gone about 3 weeks later. :-( But a blessed relief that she did not suffer by passing away so quickly. She got to the ripe old age of 93 and now she's back with her husband and I'm sure she is much happier.

      I'm glad you liked the leaves - I had to post a photo as I hate posting without at least one!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry for your loss.
    Hope there is a kinder gentler stretch coming now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your sad news. Please give your hubby my condolences.xx

    ReplyDelete