Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday 12 April 2012

Sunshine awards

I had a lovely surprise the other day when I discovered I'd been given a Sunshine Award by the lovely Miss Lady Bug at Miss Lady Bug's Garden. Wow! Thank you very much!



The rules for acceptance of this award:

1. Include the logo in your post.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 – 12 other bloggers and link them to the Sunshine Award post in their comments section.

1. What is your favorite color? A hard one. If in the garden, probably pink. I love flowers in every shade of pink imagineable. However, in the house, or for clothes, absolutely nothing pink whatsoever! So I'll have to go for blue as I like that for flowers, decor and clothes.

2. What is your favorite animal? This one is easy - cats!

3. What is your favorite number? I don't really have one, but I've always gone for 5 as a lucky number if I have to choose one. Except, unfortunately, it has never been lucky, but there you go!

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee.

5. Which do you prefer: Facebook or Twitter? Well, they are both very different, but because I can have a conversation on Facebook I far prefer it to Twitter. But I like Google+ too because I can indulge in many more things such as joining in the themed photo sharing, and finding other people all over the world with the same interests as me who I can become friends with. This is how Miss Lady Bug and I met!

6. What is your passion? Another easy one - gardening!

7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? Giving.

8. What is your favorite pattern? Stripes.

9. What is your favorite day of the week? If I was still going out to work, I'd say Saturday. Nowadays most days are the same!!

10. What is your favorite flower? Oh a really hard one. It's practically impossible to choose so I am going to say Geraniums (not the hardy Cranesbills, I mean the tender Pelargonium ones) because they are so summery and not only have lovely and varied flowers but some really funky leaf colours too.


Now who I am passing this award on to....hmmmm not so easy! There are lots of great blogs out there.

I would like to say though, if you have already received this award, or don't participate in this kind of thing, are too busy to pass it on, or just plain can't be bothered - don't worry - I really won't mind. (To be honest those questions sound a bit girlie, don't they?) I'm joining in because I think it is fun, but I'm still fairly new to blogging and this is the 2nd award I've received which is just amazing, so I am more than happy to take part and pass them on!


Prairie Rose's Garden
For her amazing gardening blog. I just discovered this somehow by clicking through other people's blog lists - when I saw her lovely photos of flowers, butterflies and birds I knew I had found a kindred spirit.

Life in France
Chants Cottage
Both these two are in new properties and starting their first year veggie gardening this year, and I'm enjoying following them on their journeys. (Even if they did both cheat, and used either a mini digger or a shiny red tractor with plough to dig their veg patches!) Hey - you know I'm joking!!

elf sufficient
She was kind enough to give me a Versatile Blogger Award and I would like to reciprocate. And I like her blog!

Growing things from seed
Does amazing crafty things and is another veg gardener.
 
Growing Things and Making Things
Does all sorts of growing, foraging and self sufficient type things.

Eco Gites of Lenault
colour it green diary
Two extremely busy smallholders (both of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting).

The Bludger
Not a gardening blog, but because I always think of Australia as a sunny country, and he blogs about his travels, usually to sunny places, and his travels around Australia remind me of my time backpacking there in the 1980s. Also he takes great photos!

That only made 9.... oh well I don't think there are any hard and fast rules here as to how many people you nominate for the award and this is fast becoming rather time consuming having to get links and then to let everyone know!


7 comments:

  1. You are both welcome! It's hard doing these things though, I don't like trying to choose some people over others. I didn't choose the people I gave the other award out to and then it made me feel mean because I didn't mention them this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for thinking of me--what a lovely award! I can see we have several things in common--besides gardening, naturally--my favorite color is blue, but pink prevails in my garden.

    I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this; I've been trying to shake off a virus, and my blog reading has been hit-or-miss lately. I may also be a little slow in passing it on--too much work to complete in the garden right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry Rose, and you are very welcome. Hope you are feeling better now!

      Delete