Blog Header

Blog Header

Thursday 29 December 2011

Time to say goodbye....

..... to an old faithful friend. No, don't worry, it's not my wobbly old cat! This friend is even older than him. It's my favourite, holey, moth eaten old hand me down (or stolen more like!) jumper from my OH. I now have a new hand me down and I think old jumper's time has come. I was going to do it last winter but just couldn't bring myself to do it, but with my New Year resolve it is going to be chopped up into little pieces and composted, as it's pure wool. 

I already have one jumper currently decomposing; OH tells me he can still see bits of orange jumper as he turns the compost heaps. So, as old friend is older even than my relationship with OH (over 21 years) I rather like the idea of seeing my old friends in the ground as I hoe and weed and tend my veg. When you look at the photo I'm sure some bright spark will say I could have turned it into fingerless gloves but whilst I can knit jumpers I'm not very good in the sewing department!  (Well actually I was once, I got an A in my Needlework O-level, but I never took to sewing with any kind of passion, unlike knitting).

RIP old friend, you have served us both very well :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment